Search RoHo Blog

Monday, April 19, 2021

Meal No. 2829: Salmon Croquettes with Chili-Garlic-Lime Aïoli

This past Friday was wonderfully sunny but still cool and breezy. That didn't stop the outside time as much as you'd think, given how much I hate chilly and cold. I was in a mood to celebrate and decompress after getting taxes done and mailed off, especially since they didn't bite as hard as they normally do! The filing deadline often seems to catch me right when the siren calls of spring yard labors are summoning, and I love looking past taxes to all the possibilities that now loom grandly.

When the evening mealtime was approaching, I reached for the leftover salmon from a couple of nights before and turned it into croquettes, according to the recommendation of my sister Allison in Indiana. Yet another batch of chili-garlic-lime aïoli felt like a decadent accompaniment, and the garlic-infused roasted whole green beans took their place as the ideal tag-alongs. It was so good that it was repeated for the Saturday night meal, with the substitution of broccoli for the whole green beans.


Recipe sent to me by my sister Allison, who cracked up when I asked about the source: adapted from "Salmon Burgers" (p. 396) and "Herb Sauce" (p. 395), from Denise Austin, Shrink Your Female Fat Zones, Rodale Books (2003).

"Chili-Lime Aïoli," from David Wald of Princeton, NJ, May 2009.

No comments: