Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Cinnamon Roll Sticky Buns: Batch No. 13

As someone who is regulary susceptible to letting deadlines dictate when I tackle tasks, it was a delightful surprise when I got my taxes done a month earlier than when they were due. That's very unlike me. And I had a couple of mornings in a row with pleasant weigh-ins, as I keep track of my eating and diet. It put me into a celebratory mood, and I reached for a rare and glorious special recipe from my sister and her husband: cinnamon roll sticky buns.

The dough was exceptionally responsive and easy to work with.

With good Irish butter and dark brown sugar, with true Ceylon cinnamon, I got a good layer of filling spread and topped it with finely chopped pecans.

The second rising went well, with the individual rolls puffing up gloriously.

I probably could have let 'em bake a few more minutes but squishy cinnamon rolls are still cinnamon rolls.

Because they are both cinnamon pecan rolls and sticky pecan rolls, the recipe recommends flipping them over so that the oozy-goozy maple syrup-brown sugar-butter with pecan halves, in and on which the rolls baked, can become the topside and ooze back down into the rolls.

This batch, which is the 9th time I've made my sister's version, and the 13th of any kind of cinnamon roll, was as good as they've ever been. And it's not just because of the healthy dollop of unhealthy cream cheese vanilla bean frosting.

2 comments:

Ben Phillis said...

Yum.

Ray said...

They were so freakin' good, even more so than just about every other time we've had them!