Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Meal No. 2778: Sous Vide Chicken Thighs

The freezer is well-stocked with prepped proteins, waiting for a drop in a properly-heated sous vide bath to make supper super simple. Friday a week ago, the choice was chicken thighs, along with roasted whole green beans and some stovetop stuffing. I'm cataloguing on the blog no small number of, well, pedestrian meals...but they make me happy.

Thanks to some dedicated kitchen concoction efforts the weekend prior, I also had already stowed away a batch of stracciatella sweet cream chocolate chip gelato, which I brought out as a wonderful dessert after dinner. The base is very similar to the vanilla ice milk I had also made, although this gelato depends more on heavy cream. And the chips of chocolate scattered throughout are homemade, my friends. Homemade!


"Stracciatella Gelato (Sweet Cream Chocolate Chip)," by Stella Parks, the Pastry Wizard at SeriousEats.com. [Published 06 August 2018 / Updated 15 April 2020]

No comments: