Search RoHo Blog

Friday, February 19, 2021

Meal No. 2782: Potato, Cheddar, and Bacon Soup

Some years ago my sister in Indiana sent me a recipe for a pretty solid cheddar potato soup that I tinkered with just a bit to suit the tastes of this household. It's been on hold, apprarently, for quite a few months but last Saturday night was perfect for resurrecting it. Here in Winston-Salem last weekend, we were caught with a moisture system that was stalled and temps that remained at or near freezing. The trees and shrubs had off-and-on ice accumulations and it was a fine day to stay in place. I declined a request from my neighbor that I take him to go search for the housemate who'd stolen his truck, because it sounded like weapons might be involved.


"Potato Cheddar Soup," from the Roediger House. Adapted from "Potato and Cheese Soup," from KitchenArt: The Store for Cooks [now closed] in West Lafayette, Indiana.

No comments: