Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Carrot Cake / Chocolate Cream Pie

Over the weekend before last, I got my dessert desire up and running enough to make a couple of special treats. The first of those was amazing carrot cake, following the recipe that was shared with me several years ago by friends and colleagues who live in Woodstock, Virginia. That was my Friday evening endeavor.

On Saturday night, I brought back a fun recipe that I hadn't made in almost three-and-a-half years: Emeril's chocolate cream pie. Mercy, that rascal is just always quite good. It did not behave as well as I was accustomed to while I made it but the finished product was pretty special.


"Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake (1981)," also known as "Best Carrot Cake (October, 1997)," from Southern Living. Compiled in the Southern Living 1981 Annual Recipes, Birmingham: Oxmoor Press. Also found online. The recipe I follow was recommended and shared with me by John & Ebbie Linaburg of Woodstock, Virginia.

"Emeril's Chocolate Cream Pie," by Emeril Lagasse (2007). Featured on The FoodNetwork.com website.

No comments: