Search RoHo Blog

Monday, February 15, 2021

Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Salted Coffee Caramel Skillet Cookie with Vietnamese Coffee Ice Cream

The name of the blog post says it all, once it gets done saying quite a bit. I was on a bit of a run with ice creams and super-duper cookie concoctions as we began the month of February. Following the successful maple walnut white chocolate blondie with vanilla ice milk back on February 4th, I was ready to go with a different skillet cookie with yet another frozen dairy treat. Ah, but I had one of my blessedly rare kitchen screw-ups when I made it a couple of nights later, because I completely forgot the brown sugar! But on Monday a week ago, I gave it a second trial. Pictured above is an oatmeal chocolate chunk salted coffee caramel skillet cookie, topped with homemade Vietnamese coffee ice cream, and drizzled with a bit more coffee caramel sauce. I'm glad I don't have to get a read on my glucose levels again until my next regular check-up this summer, or else my doctor might get to fussing at me.


Adapted from "Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Salted Coffee Caramel Apple Skillet Cookie," from Tieghan Girard of the Half-Baked Harvest blog. [Published 29 October 2013]

"Vietnamese Coffee Ice Cream," by David Lebovitz. In The Perfect Scoop. Berkeley: Ten Speed Press (2007), p. 35.

No comments: