Search RoHo Blog

Monday, February 22, 2021

Meal No. 2785: Salmon Croquettes with Chili-Garlic-Lime Aioli

Last Wednesday, in the final hours of uncertainty before the onslaught of a somewhat major ice storm, the evening hours could still proceed with the last gasps of normalcy. I started a bit late in the kitchen given that I'd decided to take on a multi-stage prep for the meal, but it was all worth it in the end. On the plates that night: really delicious salmon croquettes with chili-garlic-lime aioli, along with roasted green beans. This is my second time making this meal, and it won't be the last.


Recipe sent to me by my sister Allison, who cracked up when I asked about the source: adapted from "Salmon Burgers" (p. 396) and "Herb Sauce" (p. 395), from Denise Austin, Shrink Your Female Fat Zones, Rodale Books (2003).

"Chili-Lime Aïoli," from David Wald of Princeton, NJ, May 2009.

No comments: