Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Meal No. 2617: Sage and Garlic Pan-Seared Pork Chops


Last Thursday proved to be a most reasonable weather day even though you can tell we have entered July. It got up into the upper 80s but remained a bit breezy, with reasonable humidity and with the flies and mosquitoes somewhere besides here. I finished screening the rest of my old topsoil pile and used it to partially fill in the irrigation line trenches in the backyard, and I also brought six wheelbarrow loads of hard clay I'd dug up out of the front yard to add in as well. I knocked off in time to shower and then set to work on a simple dinner of pan-seared garlic and sage pork chops, roasted spiced sweet potato chunks, and summer squash with onion. Those sweet potatoes were quite good again (guess it's the second time I've made 'em) but I still need to take the time to separate and space them so that they'll get a more roasted exterior. And this was the first time I felt like I got the summer squash to taste as good as it always was when my former teaching teammate Stephanie Toney would make it for me.  It was all a great way to end another fine day at the Roediger House.




Although I now go by memory and feel, the basics of the pork chop recipe are found here: "Your New Favorite Pork Chops," by Alison Roman, in Bon Appétit, March 2015, p. 35.

"Roasted Sweet Potatoes," from Chelsea Lords of ChelseasMessyApron.com. [Published 04 March 2019]

No comments: