Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Meal No. 2620: Breakfast for Dinner


Well, the sausage patties I'd bought on some recent grocery excursion were going to have to be cooked, so last Monday was the indulgent delight of a grand breakfast for dinner. Sure, the fried eggs are usual suspects on the melamine platter on a night like that, but I tried two very special new additions to complete the meal: (1) buttermilk biscuits based on The Food Lab of SeriousEats.com; and (2) roasted hash brown potatoes, which normally just aren't my thing (I'm a grits guy, through and through) but boy howdy these were pretty spectacular. The biscuits were also about the best I've ever made, so much so that I had three of 'em.



"Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes," from Amanda, who blogs at The Chunky Chef. [Published 24 February 2015]

"The Food Lab's Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe," from J. Kenji López-Alt, Chief Culinary Consultant of SeriousEats.com. [Published 07 August 2015]

2 comments:

Brad said...

Are you sure that you had three? You counted?

Ray said...

Oh, Bittersweet Biscuit...I had so hoped you'd take the bait!