Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Meal No. 2628: Chicken Pot Pie with Cheddar Crust


By the way, I really struggle with "pot pie" versus "potpie," in much the same way I don't know if "meat loaf" or "meatloaf" is correct. And good gracious, I'm not sure how many different ways I've written "stir-fry" ("stirfry," "stir fry") on the blog over the years. Regardless, it was a lot of pie and not enough chicken in the pot on Thursday night, when I returned to the cheddar-crust version of this goopy goodness. I'd already cooked the chicken thighs sous vide the evening before and only had to dice them, once I'd prepped all the other glorious ingredients that make up the rich filling of this casserole treat. My instinct had been to make a half-batch of the crust and to use a smaller dish, since I knew I didn't need to have a full version of this...and then I remember how good the crust typically is. The first instinct was the better one in this case, though.




Chicken was prepped based on "Sous Vide Chicken Thighs," from Anne of UpstateRamblings.com. [Published 01 September 2019]

"Chicken Potpie with Cheddar Crust," from Food Network Magazine, Vol. 4, No. 8 (October 2011), p. 132-133.

No comments: