Search RoHo Blog

Friday, July 10, 2020

Meal No. 2621: Grilled Filet Mignon


On Tuesday, after getting a particularly early start on more digging and chopping for the irrigation line trench at the very back of the parking lot, just inside the rear property line, I managed to make great progress. Understand: that's considered in the scheme of things. This is not a five-acre spread in a subdivision that's been installed on an abandoned farm, where the soil is deep and rich and easy. I really to have to fight for every single inch forward, and every single inch downward, with these trenches I'm digging. By about 2 pm, my energy was about tapped out and an incredibly annoying blister on my left hand caused me to give it up for the day, shower, and head to the grocery store. And that let me catch the very last day of a fine special on filet mignon. It was not hard to talk myself into believing the labors of that day earned me steak for supper. But wait, there's more! How about some garlic-and-rosemary-infused duck fat super crispy roasted potatoes to go with it? Why, yes indeed.



"Super Crispy Roasted Potatoes," from Christin Mahrlig of SpicySouthernKitchen.com. [Published 16 September 2014]

No comments: