Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Meal No. 2623: Beef Teriyaki Lo Mein


It got pretty warm in Winston-Salem last Friday but I still put in a really good full day on digging the final trenches around the rear and side of the parking lot, which allows me to bring an irrigation line around to the azaleas strip on the south property line. I was glad not to be battling buried debris, hard Piemont clay, or gravel (for the most part), but boy-howdy did the roots give me quite a run for my money. Of course, I'm making it harder on myself because of the depth I'm insisting on taking these things down to...I could have dropped the PVC lines only 4-6 inches but I'm going a foot or more. That led me to conclude I'd earned another solid red meat supper, and it proved to be pretty scrumptious: beef and vegetable stir-fry with a homemade teriyaki sauce over linguine (rechristened as lo mein for the purposes of the story I'm telling here).



"Asian Steak and Vegetable Stir-Fry," by coweed. In All Recipes Magazine, November 2017, p. 91.

Homemade Teriyaki Sauce based on "How to Make Teriyaki Sauce," from Meggan Hill of CulinaryHill.com.

No comments: