Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Meal No. 2509: New Year's Day Meatballs


What better choice for dinner on New Year's Day than what the Jones Family calls New Year's Day Meatballs? That's what we named them after my sister Allison fixed them for us on that noteworthy holiday quite a few years ago. For the sides, I stuck with the faithful favorite of company mashed potatoes and the classic green bean casserole...but I didn't go with Campbell's condensed soups this time. Instead, I did a from-scratch version with fresher ingredients, including sautéed onions and diced mushrooms, with thyme and white wine...and then couldn't really taste the difference from the traditional canned soup version!



"New Year's Day Meatballs," from Carol Fultz and shared with me by my sister Allison Jones Holden of Rossville, IN (2001).

"Company Mashed Potatoes," a Jones family favorite.

No comments: