Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Meal No. 2507: Sheet Pan Beef Nachos


On the Monday evening leading up to New Year's Day, the supper was simple for the five of us gathered around the table: sheet pan beef nachos. Nicely flavored, gooey with lots of cheese, the satisfying crunch of the underlayer of tortilla chips...a decent repast for dinner. Or so I was told. I was still protecting my recently surgeried gums and partook of none of it.

I realize I make no secret of the fact that the colder months are miserable to me. It got colder faster this fall, and I'll make note of the fact that the high temps on 23 days in November were below average. In the first three weeks of December, 13 of 21 days were below average high temps. Fortunately, we entered a nice warm-up as we headed into the two weeks surrounding Christmas. The Monday afterwards was a gloriously sunny and wonderfully warm day:


I could only feel bad for my sister at that same time, hunkered down against the snow flurries and cold winds up in northwestern Indiana:




Taco-Style Meat Based on "Crispy Beef Tacos," by Hilah Johnson. From HilahCooking.com.

No comments: