Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Stovetop Butterscotch Pudding

My mind told me there wasn't all that much special about it, but the spoon automatically shoveled more and more of it into my mouth, giving no safe quarter to the great lie that I wasn't enamored of this simple and muted butterscotch pudding that I made Sunday and served Monday night. I was just planning to check it while the evening meal was cooking and went ahead and ate all of my portion pre-dinner, like an undisciplined indulgent bratty child. Such was the effect of this pudding's hold over me. It absolutely does not scream "butterscotch" at you, but it smoothly sinks its tentacular subterfuged stranglehold into your willpower and next thing you know you're under this sweet treat's spell.


"Stovetop Butterscotch Pudding," by Stella Parks, the Pastry Wizard at SeriousEats.com. [Published 03 January 2017 / Updated 29 August 2018]

No comments: