Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, June 20, 2024

Meal No. 3626: Grilled Barbecue Pork Kebabs

My custom and habit is to draft the blog posts when they are fresh on my mind, even when they are just going to join the queue of waiting entries, as happens when I get a little ahead of myself. Last Friday night, just before bedtime, as I sat down to capture that evening's dinner fare, I was more than a little surprised to find out it had been over two years since I'd last made grilled pork kebabs with barbecue glaze. This is a dependably delicious and pretty straightforward recipe to execute; it ought to be in more regular rotation given how tender yet economical that cut of meat can be. But on an especially hot day here in Winston-Salem, I liked heating up the grilling patio more than heating up the kitchen, so pork kebabs it was.

I brought back another heaping pan of Willie Mae's mac and cheese, and also dug out of the archives a now-rarely-seen pot of lima beans (which hadn't shown up as a side in almost four years—almost one thousand meals ago!). We retreated up to the third floor mancave then to watch Triangle, which turned out to be a pretty good movie, followed by Part One of the Doctor Who season finale. In between was the last of the previous evening's marvelous strawberry cake. We live it up right around here.


"Grilled Pork Kebabs with Barbecue Glaze," an online extra from Cook's Illustrated and based on "The Best Way to Grill Pork Tenderloin," Issue No. 134, May & June 2015, p. 6.

"Willie Mae's Mac and Cheese," shared by Willie Mae's Scotch House of New Orleans via Good Morning America. [Published 19 May 2020]

No comments: