Search RoHo Blog

Friday, June 28, 2024

Meal No. 3632: Skillet Sausage Pan Pizza

It's been over six months since I made these remarkable skillet pan pizzas, more than reminiscent of those personal pan versions at the ol' Pizza Hut. And somehow Thursday a week ago, when the primary topping featured Italian sausage, the crust was just about as perfect as it has ever been.

Marvelous olive-oil-singed crunchy crusted exterior, and an awesome chew for the bubbled innards: I had to go back for an extra piece beyond what had been allocated as appropriate for a mid-day meal. I also tried out a different pizza sauce recipe, this time from the lovely and dependable Chef John of FoodWishes.com. I may not be convinced that I truly get a significant difference when I make my own sauces, but I do have reason to sleep better at night for the effort and earnestness.


Pizza Crust based on "Fool-Proof Pan Pizza," by J. Kenji López-Alt, culinary consultant for SeriousEats.com. [Updated 30 March 2023]

"How to Make Homemade Pizza Sauce," by Chef John Mitzewich, on AllRecipes.com. [Clipping Originally Printed 01 September 2016 / Web Recipe Updated 19 March 2024]

No comments: