Search RoHo Blog

Monday, June 3, 2024

Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

When we returned to the tradition of Thanksgiving on the Half-Year back on Memorial Day Monday, I had in reserve a dessert appropriate to the menu: pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting. A relatively new addition to the dessert stable, I first made it as a command performance for a former neighbor's birthday cake. When I got around to making one here for us, it proved itself worthy of regular returns, whenever the mood strikes. In sheetpan form, it seems less fussy, and it does come together pretty easily. While I'm sure we were all sufficiently stuffed from the Thanksgiving menu a week ago today, our superior focus and unwavering commitment made dessert supremely do-able.


"The Best Pumpkin Cake I've Ever Had," from Sally McKenney of Sally's Baking Addiction. [Published 11 October 2017]

No comments: