Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, December 2, 2023

Meal No 3493: Beyond Beef Sheet Pan Nachos

Uncertain over the Thanksgiving holiday how I might conjure up for the visiting vegetarians the best possible menu options, I'd grabbed a couple of packages of Beyond Beef plant-based meat alternative. I ended up not using them but wanted them not to go to waste, so I thought I could salvage them in the mix of plenty of other ingredients as would occur with sheet pan nachos. Such was Wednesday night's supper. I don't think I'll ever get the taste of it out of my mouth, nor the memory of it from my mind.

This article from this past week on my AP News app shows that I am not alone.

The startling drop in temps as November closed out was an unwelcome occurrence, with a deep-freeze chill of 22°F for Wednesday morning’s wake-up. (My informal record-keeping from last winter showed the coldest we ever got was 18°F here!) The pooches were quick about their morning business and then the coffee and morning writing time were all the better, knowing once again that this great old house is a warm and happy sanctuary even if the season of autumn turns cruel.


Taco-Style Attempt to Save a Plant-Based Atrocity depended partly on "Crispy Beef Tacos," by Hilah Johnson. From HilahCooking.com.

"Homemade Chili and Taco Seasoning," from Jamie Lothridge of MyBakingAddiction.com. [Published 03 February 2011]

"Easy Lime Crema," from Lisa Bryan of DownShiftology.com. [Published 22 April 2020]

No comments: