Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Meal No. 3103: Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

Saturday a week ago, it was an early rising for me, an inexplicable 4:15 am sudden awakeness. I bounded out of bed, grabbed shorts, and went ahead and got in a six-mile stroll, knowing that it was set to be another 90°F-plus day with a possibility of storms. And here's an interesting tidbit: as I hustled along Fourth Street in the West End Neighborhood, I chanced to spy on a porch a fox. That's a first for me, given that this is downtown, after all. (Later that morning was also my inaugural spotting of a goldfinch couple, flitting above Sumner and me during driveway coffee time.) Anyway: lacking any other plan for supper, it was time to draw from the freezer-reduction lottery jar, and out came a slip for garlic-rubbed pounded chicken breasts, ready for the sous vide followed by a quick sear on the gas grill. All that was a prelude to grilled chicken Caesar salads, with my homemade creamy Caesar dressing, as well as a fresh batch of homemade garlic-parmesan croutons.

After dinner, I was ready to try out a new dessert recipe: dark chocolate molten cakes. They were not quite as easy to whip up as the recipe seemed to promise, but the final result was pretty solid.


Based on "Easy Lemon Caesar Salad Dressing," by Kim of lowcarbmaven.com.

"Croutons," by Marg CaymanDesigns on GeniusKitchen.com.

"Dark Chocolate Molten Cakes," from Cuisine at Home, Issue 103 [January/February 2014], p. 48-49.

No comments: