Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Meal No. 2948: Pan-Seared Bone-In Pork Chop

Following my longest ever work trip that took me out of town October 2-11, it sure was a fine thing to return to the wonderful Roediger House and begin getting back to the delightful normal routines that are so comforting on Tuesday, the next night. You know, like drawing a slip from the freezer overstock lottery jar and finding that it's time for one of the final rounds of vacuum-sealed prepped pork chops to drop into the sous vide immersion bath for about 2.5 hours. I didn't go to the store yet so I had to break out a couple of cans of green beans to go with the chop and the cubed roasted spiced roasted potatoes. I was starving again and ate the heck out of that stuff, much to my delight.

Earlier that same afternoon, when enjoying a little sitting time out in the grove, I spotted the first camelia bloom on the bush at the front wall, a gorgeous bright pink and a harbinger of things coming from that healthy bush.

No comments: