Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Meal No. 2480: Sheet Pan Garlic Ginger Chicken and Broccoli


On the 13th of November, a rare night for me to be fixing a meal all to myself, I thought I'd venture into a new recipe. I had a package of chicken thighs I needed to use up and some broccoli that was about to get long in the tooth, and there was this saved recipe for sheet pan garlic and ginger chicken and broccoli that seemed worth experimenting with.


Let me add that that Wednesday morning dawned extra cold for this time of year, with a reading here at the house of 19.6°F outside, although officially it was proclaimed a low of 20°F:


This was following the previous day's cold front passing through, creating miserably chilly and windy wet conditions outside. Briefly, at mid-day, there was sleet dropping on me as I got out of my truck up on the north side of town.


Interestingly, that day began with my first venture out with Sumner for his morning potty break and finding at the bottom of the driveway an abandoned small bicycle:


Don't know if it was stolen or broken down, but I guess at some point I'll have to drop it off on Patterson Avenue at the city police department's evidence bureau.



"Sheet Pan Garlic Ginger Chicken & Broccoli," by Lindsay of PinchofYum.com. [Published 12 January 2018]

No comments: