Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Meal No. 3241: Beef & Cheddar Melts

I'd been living on reheated plates of leftovers for several days, whittling down what was remaining from Thanksgiving. Among the tupperwared and tucked-away goodstuffs was a bit of the roasted beef tenderloin still available, so last Monday night seemed perfect for making beef and cheddar melts (pictured above).

It was all the incentive I needed to make a fresh loaf of English muffin toasting bread, about mid-day. I also put together a fresh batch of my special sauce for said melts. Then, later in the afternoon, I caramelized thin-sliced onions and then griddled the steak strips just enough to heat them back up. The bread slices were also griddled, in butter as befits them, so that the whole kit and kaboodle could be a cheesy gooey flavor festival in my mouth.

Having that toast-worthy bread meant a simple default to cinnamon toast the following evening:


"English Muffin Toasting Bread," by PJ Hamel of King Arthur Baking. [Blog Post from 25 December 2008]

"Beef & Cheddar Melts Sauce," a Roediger House creation.

No comments: