Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Meyer Lemon Treats: Shortbread Bars, Crinkle Cookies, and Ice Cream

Although they probably have had them each year around this time, last week was the first notice I'd taken of Meyer lemons at Costco. I knew I'd encountered a mix of recipes that call specifically (or preferentially) for them, but this was my first occasion to obtain any. I grabbed a couple of bags last Tuesday and then grabbed three more bags on Wednesday. Clearly, I was ready for some great lemon treats over the holidays. The first thing I made was Meyer lemon ice cream, which I stored away but then served up with an inaugural fresh batch of Meyer lemon crinkle cookies.

Ah, but the first thing I made but also then ate was shortbread lemon bars. These, too, were pretty glorious.


"Meyer Lemon Ice Cream," by Stella Parks, former Pastry Wizard and Editor Emeritus at SeriousEats.com. [Published 15 April 2020]

"Meyer Lemon Bars," from Cynthia McCloud Woodman of What A Girl Eats. [Published 15 April 2021]

"Meyer Lemon Crinkle Cookies," by Laura Kasavan of Tutti Dolci. [Published 21 January 2021]

No comments: