Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Ina Garten's Lemon Bars

Last Saturday night's small dinner gathering would have seemed incomplete to me without a sweet something to help us round out our night. Perhaps because I'd recently made key lime shortbread bars, I was of a mind to return to the deliciousness of Ina Garten's lemon bars recipe.

Laid out in a 9 x 13 pan, this is a sizable dessert that depends on plenty of fresh lemon juice...although I ran just short and supplemented with a fresh squeeze of a single lime...the taste of which still came through!

Anyway: they were darned good, and I was glad that there was plenty to send home with Amy but also to share with the neighbors down the street.


"Lemon Bars," by Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. Published in Barefoot Contessa Parties!, Clarkson Potter Publishers, 2001.

No comments: