Dateline: Sun 16 Aug. A favorite cookie of mine that is not universally loved (unfortunately) is called butter toffee cookies. After our mini meatloafs dinner a couple of Sundays ago, it’s what sounded just right to me for our sweet evening treat. And this seemed like the night to make ‘em grander-sized, so I pulled out the red scoop and tried to space them properly on the cookie sheets. With a splash of butter toffee flavoring, an abundance of dark brown sugar, and the full slate of mix-ins including cappuccino morsels, chocolate toffee pieces, and chopped pecans, these cookies manage their weighty lift with aplomb. I ate three.
"Butter Toffee Cookies," originally from King Arthur Flour. The catalog that comes periodically from KAF has recipes in it, which is where I first snagged it. But, as sometimes happens, it is no longer available on their website. I'm glad someone posted it to Food.com.

No comments:
Post a Comment