Dateline: Fri 31 July. July concluded its 2026 run on a Friday, where the temps had begun to creep back up but so had the humidity. Still, the events of the afternoon played out nicely enough that I had both time and inclination to dive into an indulgent dinner that feels like a treat: chicken fried rice. Not that it’s all that difficult to put together, but I guess sometimes I’m reminded how cool it is to make something in your kitchen that tastes like something you have to go to somebody else’s kitchen for.
Based on "Classic Chicken Fried Rice" [Published 26 October 2015 / Updated 04 May 2023] and "How to Velvet Chicken for Stir-Fry" [Published 24 March 2020 / Updated 27 June 2022], from Bill Leung of TheWoksofLife.com.
Supplemental Stir-Fry Sauce inspired by "5 Easy Sauce Recipes that Will Make Everything You Eat Taste Way Better," by Sophia Roe on Well + Good. [Published 09 January 2019]

No comments:
Post a Comment