Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, August 20, 2026

Meal No. 4173: Chicken Souvlaki on Yogurt Flatbreads

Dateline: Thu 06 Aug. Well, lordy, I went and did it again. Marinated chicken, eased onto skewers, and grilled. Yogurt flatbreads, prepped and ghee’d with reckless abandon. A Greek salad with fresh tomato and red onion. And tzatziki: check!! It was a bit overwhelming to eat two complete versions of these, which I could only manage in open-face fashion.

I might, with enough practice, just come around to the idea that I could become comfortable with the basic challenges of yogurt flatbreads. I’m not pretending they are all that difficult but it is a time-sensitive process that I’d love to perfect so that I can make these for company sometime.


"Greek Chicken Souvlaki Recipe with Tzatziki" [Published 11 June 2018 / Updated 16 October 2020] and "Authentic (Easy) Tzatziki Sauce" [Published 03 June 2016 / Updated 27 September 2023] from Suzy Karedsheh of The Mediterranean Dish.

"Layered Yogurt Flatbreads," from Deb Perelman of Smitten Kitchen. [Published 30 April 2020]

Based on "Greek Salad Dressing," from Jeanine Donofrio and Phoebe Moore of Love and Lemons. [Updated 13 May 2024]

No comments: