Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Meal No. 3222: Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Not sure what to think about the fact that it's been over two years since I last made broccoli cheddar soup. I rather like it, so I'm glad I brought it out for the Halloween Night meal this past Monday. Lord have mercy, it was a chilly wet depressing day, so soup was altogether perfect. This time around, I figured I'd try the whole soup bread bowl thing, and the recipe I've been turning to lately for peasant bread is actually designed for just that sort of rounded loaf.

I was a bit disappointed in the soup—it seemed basic and pedestrian, so I'll probably return to my previous faithful recipe next time I need this. But the bread bowls were pretty awesome, if I may say so.


"The Best Broccoli Cheese Soup (Better-Than-Panera Copycat)," from Averie Sunshine of Averie Cooks. [Published 09 January 2015]

Soup Bread Bowls from "My Mother's Peasant Bread," by Alexandra Stafford of AlexandraCooks.com. [07 November 2012 / Updated 06 January 2022]

No comments: