Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Meal No. 3020: Sheet Pan Beef Nachos

Snow hit us overnight Friday a week ago, leaving a lovely covering but a pretty small amount.

When I took Sumner out for his first bathroom break in that pre-dawn chill, I noticed recent tracks in the fresh-fallen snow to indicate that someone had come up into the driveway and tried all the doors on the vehicles. As I followed his clear trail, it was obvious he had tried all the car doors on this block and, later, I learned that one neighbor found his footprints up on their porch as well. Not sure if he was looking for easy pickings left in an unlocked car, or if he was in search of shelter. The security cameras for the house did not pick up his image, though. But I know what his tracks look like!

Although it got up above freezing on Saturday, it wasn't by much, so even this small snow amount lingered on top of what was still lingering from the Martin Luther King Jr. weekend snow/sleet event.

Sunday morning's outside brrrr made early morning writing and coffee time in the old men's chairs all the more enticing. Most of the time, Sumner wants to climb up in my lap as soon as I try to open up my laptop; here he is adorably snoozing prior to making that sleep-spot transition:

When we rolled over into Sunday night's suppertime, as the weekend was wrapping up, I let the paralysis of uncertainty propel me to one of the easy go-to meals: sheet pan beef nachos, loaded up with terrific taco-spiced beef, plus onion and black beans and corn and quite a bit of Mexican cheese. There was lime crema on the side, and happiness on the inside, once it was all done.


Taco-Style Meat Based on "Crispy Beef Tacos," by Hilah Johnson. From HilahCooking.com.

"Homemade Chili and Taco Seasoning," from Jamie of MyBakingAddiction.com. [Published 03 February 2011]

"Easy Lime Crema," from Lisa Bryan of DownShiftology.com. [Published 22 April 2020]

No comments: