Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2021

Meal No. 2937: Cuban Citrus Mojo Pork Sandwiches with Creamy Lime Green Sauce

The Roediger House regulars were back at the homestead last Sunday night for a gathering and hanging out...and, to my delight, some supper! I reached deep into the archives to bring back something most of them had had before (I think?), but it's been over five years since the last time I made it.

It seems the opinions around the table were favorable for the end result, piled onto ciabbatta rolls I'd picked up from Costco earlier in the day and adorned with a parley-substituted creamy lime sauce. I also made macaroni pasta salad and creamy stuffed eggs.

It was all messy as heck to eat but also incredibly scrumptious.


Adapted from "Pork Shoulder Roast with Citrus Mojo & Creamy Cilantro-Lime Sauce," by Alex Roberts of Brasa (Minneapolis, MN). Recipe in Food & Wine, May 2012, p. 152, 154.

Slow cooker version adapted from "Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork," from Sabrina Snyder of Dinner then Dessert. [Published 08 February 2017 / Updated 16 January 2019]

Additional ideas gleaned from "Cilantro Lime Sauce," from Alexa Blay of Key to My Lime. [Published 04 September 2019]

Macaroni Salad based on "Classic Macaroni Salad," by Jaclyn Bell of CookingClassy.com [Published 15 April 2017 / Updated 05 June 2020]

"Creamy Stuffed Eggs," a recipe shared with me by Barbara Huneycutt of Crozet, VA.

No comments: