Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Peach Cobbler Ice Cream

The week before last, when I came home from Costco with an abundance of yellow and white peaches, I figured perhaps I should make peach cobbler. Then, I realized I had an even better option: peach cobbler ice cream. The weekend that followed granted me time to put it all together, including a flat pie crust, brushed with melted butter and then baked with a nice topping of cinnamon and brown sugar. After I had churned the peach ice cream itself, I layered it in the container with these baked flaky sweet crusts so that when it was scooped, you'd have a nice assortment of flavors and textures. All together, it was a marvel of frozen delights, and a glorious dessert following the Moroccan bistro chicken meal a week ago Monday.


"Peach Cobbler Ice Cream," by Christin Mahrlig of the Spicy Southern Kitchen blog. [Published 01 August 2015]

No comments: