Search RoHo Blog

Monday, June 28, 2021

Meal No. 2870: Moroccan Bistro Chicken

In the mid-90s, when I was a middle school teacher, I got to know one of my students and his family pretty well, in part because his mom was a teacher in the adjoining elementary school. We all still keep in touch from time to time, and I have for many years made a regular pilgrimage at Christmastime to his mom's house for dinner and hanging out. On one of those occasions, Brendan made a really nice Moroccan-spiced chicken dish served over quinoa, and I snagged that recipe from him and have been making it often over these many years. Last Monday night, with a few remaining uncooked chicken thighs from the arroz con pollo meal, I decided it was time to bring back what I call, in tribute, Brendan's Moroccan Bistro Chicken, still with quinoa and this time with roasted garlic-infused asparagus.

No comments: