Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, June 26, 2021

Fresh Batches of Homemade Vanilla and Chocolate Puddings

When one of my cartons of really good grassfed whole milk is getting close to its expiration, I definitely go into pudding and/or ice cream mode. That's what happened midway through last week, when I figured I'd best get busy using up what remained of my cartons of dairy goodness. I've got some pudding recipes that require a hefty quantity, like the straightforward but amazing vanilla pudding recipe from the Food Network. I made the batch Wednesday a week ago so that it would be ready to serve for dessert the next night.

The next night, still in pudding mode, I messed around and made a creamy chocolate version, and it set up even better. That's what I was able to serve for the Friday night meal for dear guests Mookie and Kristen. I love those kids, but I really do love me some good ol' homemade pudding.

Let us also note a kitchen failure from last Saturday: I had two bananas left from my road trip so I was letting them ripen fully so as to incorporate them into a loaf of banana bread. I pulled a third banana from a current bunch and roasted it to a creamy perfection. And yet this was a miserable dry loaf of banana bread by the time it came out and I'd cut into it, so almost all of it ended up in the rubbish bin.


"Vanilla Pudding," from the Food Network Kitchens.

Adapted from "Homemade Chocolate Pudding," by Carrina Cooper [McAlpin, FL], from TasteofHome.com.

"Starbucks Copycat Banana Nut Bread," from Liz of LifeLoveLiz.com. [Published 25 March 2015]

No comments: