Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Meal No. 2725: Chicken on a Throne (Beer Can Chicken)

The pandemic hoarding instinct has apparently returned to the populace, based on the shopping behaviors I witnessed on my last excursions to Costco and Sam's. At Costco, everybody is really orderly and calm and nice—and masked up! There was a slightly different vibe at Sam's Club. But I guess the scoop-it-up instinct infected me as well, which led me to come home with two whole chickens even though the fridge was already full of provisions. 

With a pretty nice afternoon drawing me to a grilling endeavor last Saturday, a double-dose of beer can chicken made a lot of sense to me. 

I figured a portion of one of them could provide a fresh protein last Saturday night, along with more of the Thanksgiving leftover sides, as long as I made a fresh batch of Great Alabama white sauce to go with it. Oh, super good, it was!



"Chicken on a Throne" (p. 171-173) and "Alabama Great White Sauce" (p. 362) from Smoke & Spice by Cheryl and Bill Jamison. Boston: The Harvard Common Press (2003).

Gas Grill Guidance from "Beer Can Chicken," by Hunter's Mom 2008 on AllRecipes.com; and from "Beer Can Chicken," by Julie Evink on GimmeSomeGrilling.com.

No comments: