Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Eggnog Sugar Cookies

It's getting to be the season, as they say, and after making amazing chocolate sugar cookies last Tuesday night, I was in the mood for more sugar cookies and decided an eggnog version was an immediate priority. Regrettably, the recipe I went with on Wednesday evening led me down a disappointing path, not only because it was more of a pain in the rumpus (chilling, rolling, cutting ... things I just don't feel are necessary to get a good cookie!), but also because I have zero interest in soft, pillowy, almost bread or biscuit-like cookies. The frosting for them was tasty but I saved most of it to put to better use. The print-out of that recipe has been relegated to the rubbish bin.

So the next night I decided I'd try again, but with a different recipe to guide me. It was a much better result, with cookies that were still soft but not chewy (like I prefer), and I just used some of the frosting saved from the previous evening's failed cookie recipe to top 'em with. Still not my favorite cookies but I'm glad I made that second night's effort.


"Big Soft Frosted Eggnog Sugar Cookies," from Maya Wilson of AlaskafromScratch.com. [Published 10 December 2013]

"Eggnog Cookies," from Jaclyn Bell of CookingClassy.com. [Published 29 November 2013]

No comments: