Search RoHo Blog

Friday, August 7, 2020

Meal No. 2639: Succulent Braised Pork Shoulder


Once again, a great special at my Cloverdale Harris Teeter led me to bring home two Boston Butt pork shoulders this past weekend, and the first of those was carved and trimmed and cut up for a second go at a marvelous succulent braised pork stew.


That was the Saturday night meal, and it was pretty terrific, albeit I was heavy-handed with the pepper.


Instead of potatoes or egg noodles, I decided to balance it out with homemade buttermilk biscuits, using also for only a second time my latest biscuit recipe discovery.


And boy howdy, were those biscuits also really delicious and all too tempting!



"Succulent Braised Pork Recipe," from Melissa D'Arabian on FoodNetwork.com.

"The Food Lab's Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe," from J. Kenji López-Alt, Chief Culinary Consultant of SeriousEats.com. [Published 07 August 2015]

No comments: