Search RoHo Blog

Monday, August 24, 2020

Vanilla Birthday Cake and Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Ice Cream


Sometimes when I feel I just want to make some ice cream, I also find I also want to make a cake. And if I need six egg yolks for a particular frozen treat, and six egg whites for a layered and frosted baked good, then it seems like a conspiracy of the fates. Hence, this incredible combination from Saturday night a week ago: a light and silky vanilla layer cake with dreamy vanilla buttercream, perfectly complemented by fresh-made red velvet ice cream with a cinnamon cream cheese swirl.


That'll easily and understandably lead to a swoon.



"Vanilla Birthday Cake with Old-Fashioned Vanilla Buttercream," by Jenn Segal of OnceUponAChef.com.

"Red Velvet Ice Cream with Cream Cheese Frosting Swirl," from Annie's Eats, a food blog. Accessed May 2015.

No comments: