Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Meal No. 2650: Spaghetti with Homemade Meat Sauce


The glorious break in the long stretch of hot and stormy weather was a welcome relief the weekend before last, and it granted me the opportunity for a dedicated final push on restoring the front yard, at long last. Suppertime on that Sunday needed to be a simple and no-fuss affair, with the provision of leftovers, since I was also hitting the road for work for the first time in six months. I defrosted one of the packages of ground beef that I'd hoarded at the start of the pandemic, and on the other end of the dinner-prep process, I had delicious meat sauce to amply cover a bowl of spaghetti for the evening meal. It was good all over again when I got back from Virginia the following Tuesday night.


Speaking of the front yard, this is a shot of it from this morning. It is slowly greening, and that's very exciting! But I also am obsessing a bit over the bare patches that are likely the result of the seed getting washed and pushed by the rain storms we had the previous week, when I'd first spread them. I just have to remember that, for now, I want a yard that holds in place and that minimizes the presence of weeds, and I'll be able to do a serious re-seeding of it when the spring comes on next year.



"Our Favorite Homemade Spaghetti Meat Sauce," from Joanne Gallagher of InspiredTaste.net. [Published 16 January 2020]

No comments: