Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Meal No. 2642: Grilled Filet Mignon


I've had trouble getting a recent meal, from a few weeks ago, out of my mind. With an overdose of self-congratulation at the persistence and dedication that's marked my recent grand finishing flourishes in the final big stages of the irrigation system, I decided I deserved a steak. Last Thursday evening, with the last two minutes of grilling under a lightning-streaked sky, and getting pelted by huge chilly raindrops, I was able to bring in perfectly-cooked filet mignon.

But wait: there's more! I returned to the garlic-and-rosemary-infused-duck-fat super crispy roasted potatoes recipe that's just recently found its way into the Roediger House recipe collection, yet again with tremendous results. And with a nod to something healthy, the plates were finished out with hoisin-glazed roasted whole green beans. I mean, why not?



"Super Crispy Roasted Potatoes," from Christin Mahrlig of SpicySouthernKitchen.com. [Published 16 September 2014]

No comments: