Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Meal No. 2904: Juicy Sous Vide Burgers

Well, I've finally reached the end of my rope where the overstocked freezer is concerned. Near the end of last week, I went through and catalogued all the contents, and then I set up a document to print off that I could then cut into slips to go into a lottery drawing vase. Starting Friday, August 6th, most suppers are now going to be randomly chosen each morning so that I can hope to finally get the oversupply back down to a manageable level.

The first slip to be drawn out of the dinner option vase was for juicy burgers on the grill. I tossed them into the sous vide set-up around 3 pm last Friday and then finished them on the grill, with some cheddar slices on top. Kettle chips were a yummy side feature.


Adapted from "Juicy Burgers," originally from Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks recipe magazine, July 2003, p. 52-53. After Pillsbury was purchased in 2001 by General Mills, home of Betty Crocker (founded 100 years ago this year, mind you!), it basically ceased to exist as a company and lives on just as a brand. I guess that's why a Pillsbury cookbook recipe from 2003 is now only found on the Betty Crocker website.

No comments: