Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Meal No. 3520: Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza

While I do think I've got the ideal pizza dough recipe already well-situated in my repertoire, I do get tempted to try other styles or approaches. That's what happened this past Friday, when I looked pretty far back in the recipe magazine archives and dug out this one for Chicago-style deep dish pizza, simply topped with homemade pizza sauce, mozzarella, and grated parmesan. The outcome showed my unpracticed hand, a bit bungling and inept, with some nice flavor resident in that too-thick-and-bready crust. Three pieces later, I was certain this would not become a regular.


"Chicago-Style Deep-Dish Pizza," by Francisco J. Robert. In Cook's Illustrated, January & February 2010 (No. 102), p. 14-15.

No comments: