Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Like a Good Neighbor...


Monday of this week felt like good neighbor day, or at least I hope I was being a good neighbor. The new folks next door wanted to rake the yard outside their entry, along the south property fence line, and I was glad to offer up a leaf rake and my city yard cart for disposing of it all.


After supper, I texted the good ladies down the street and then dropped off a container of our pork barbecue and a tub of the sauce to go with it. Another neighbor saw me passing and said "You got some of that for me too?" So I grabbed another to-go container to take over to him as well.


When the fill-in postal carrier found himself at the locked front door of my security company across the street with a very heavy package to deliver, I told him to hand it off to me and I dropped it off the next morning. Appropriate, isn't it, to use a security camera picture to accompany that part of my do-gooder day?

No comments: