Search RoHo Blog

Monday, June 15, 2020

The Morning Coffee Work Routine


I have many, many reasons to love the summer season, not least of which is the joy of starting most days with coffee in the pleasant mornings before the heat or humidity kick in. With a camp chair and its helpful side tray, Sumner at my feet, birds on feeders, and neighbors throwing up hands in greeting, it's a relaxing beginning of a new day and a chance either to work on tasks or just to enjoy sitting and thinking. For instance, although I left behind many of the trappings of university life when I stepped away from my faculty role at Wake Forest University, I've kept active as a reviewer for professional journals. When I'm assigned an article, it sure is nice to take it with me in those early morning hours and spend time in careful consideration of the author's submission. Unfortunately, of course, sometimes the manuscripts need a lot of work, as might be indicated by the picture above.

No comments: