Search RoHo Blog

Monday, June 22, 2020

Meal No. 2609: Beef Tenderloin Tips


The expected rains held off last Friday and I was mighty happy to get to be out in the yard, trying to make more progress on the latest tasks and projects. As noted in yesterday's blog post about the discard pile, I put in time cutting down a huge stretch of invasive reeds along the back end of the southside property line. Then, I shifted my labors to the front yard so that I could employ some revisions to my irrigation set-up, which involved digging up one of my zone lines and adding a couple of lateral lines with fresh T-junctions. Anyway: I knocked off the outside work late afternoon, showered, and headed for the kitchen. For dinner, it was some pretty darned good beef tenderloin tips on homemade mashed potatoes, with a shallot and port-wine demiglace sauce and roasted asparagus. Oh me oh my!



Sauce adapted from "Sauce Poivrade alla Marsala or Madeira," from MoreThanGourmet.com.

No comments: