Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Electric Spied: Jason Lanier Returns

A lot of good came out of the work done and overseen by Peter LaRoque, my general contractor. One of those was connecting me with Jason Lanier of Lanier Electric, who sub-contracted the wiring for the addition. I also solicited from Jason further work in the original part of the house, which he and his fellow crew member Cory handled expertly.

While it's been waiting almost two years, I got those guys back over here today to do another whole laundry list of electrical things. A few of those related to corrections or adjustments to his original work from two years ago (i.e., a couple of outlets had come loose as the construction lumber dried and seasoned).

Two years is a lot of time to figure out what else one might want or need, or changes one wishes to make in how things were originally done. One of the tasks I asked Jason to do was to put the dining room chandelier on a dimmer switch--it's been awfully bright in there at night when there have been special meals.


I had also, in the meantime, secured a new fan and light-kit for the Wyeth guest bedroom, and a new light fixture to replace the broken fan in my (future) study.



I also wanted a couple of outlets installed on either side of where the bed goes in the Van Gogh guest bedroom.


Since the county electrical inspector didn't like the sconces I'd wanted to go on the wall above the pedestal tub (saved from the demolition of the old main upstairs bathroom), we had left them off so that the house could pass and be inhabited following the completion of the addition. Jason and Cory have now put those back up on the wall, and they look mighty good.

No comments: