Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm Just A-Lighted to Meet You


It took a two full days of work by Jason Lanier and his fellow electrician Cory, but the long list of electrical needs and wants for the existing house have now been tackled. And I'm very pleased with the results. This is not the best most glorious picture to share, but I wanted to at least get one shot up this evening. This is the new fixture in the bedroom, replacing a cheap $15 flush-mount fixture that was installed by the folks who had the house before. I like this one even though its size and lower hang are taking some getting used to. It reminds me very much of the kind of lights that were installed during the renovation of The Mimslyn Inn (1931) in Luray, VA. It's pretty cool.

Also taken care of by the electricians: new front porch sconces, an outdoor ceiling fan in the corner of the porch where I do my grilling, new light fixtures for the South Parlour and the dining room, a stairwell light to replace a filthy ceiling fan I never used, four new sconces in the upstairs hallway, new balcony sconces and an outdoor outlet for the balcony, and a couple of outlets here and there. They guys worked long and hard but I think my Monster Chip cookies were appreciated.

Mighty heavy downpours this evening. Looks like the water from the neighboring lot is getting channeled away properly but I've still got to do something about the front yard and the backed-up drain there.

No comments: