Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Komen Race for the Cure 2011


What a glorious and gorgeous Saturday morning it was in Winston-Salem today. And it was time for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K race, which again included North Spring Street as part of its route.


Last year I celebrated but also did a bit of minor belly-aching about it, because the street gets closed and residents are not warned ahead of time. And last year, it just so happened that my street got closed for Komen on Saturday and then for downtown bicycling on Sunday.


I did enjoy seeing several people I know as folks walked or ran by. It was also mind-blowing how many people came out for this race. Quite a few nice remarks were made about how beautiful the house looked, which I appreciated. And there were several funny passing comments too, like several times when walkers or runners asked if I had beer or breakfast for them. One guy asked if I was keeping a careful count.


A great cause, and a lot of fun people out to give me my morning's entertainment. I love downtown.

No comments: