Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Meal No. 275: Interesting Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

This afternoon presented a chance to go see the new movie "Thor," so I wanted dinner to be simple since I wouldn't get home until around 7 pm.

I decided to make a couple of plus-size grilled cheese sandwiches. This first one is thin-sliced roast beef, gorgonzola, caramelized Vidalia onions, asiago cheese, and extra sharp Vermont white cheddar.


The second one is a little more standard, with a slight twist: it's bacon between tomato-basil feta, extra sharp Vermont white cheddar, and asiago cheese.


Both were made with soft sourdough bread, and both were pretty darned delicious.


Recipe idea from "Roast Beef with Cheddar and Blue Cheese Butter," in Great Grilled Cheese by Laura Werlin, 2004, p. 50-51.

2 comments:

Brendan said...

More cheese sandwich glory:

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2011/05/now-thats-what-i-call-a-swiss-cheese-sandwich/

Ray said...

That's quite something, and I imagine I too would have a tough time getting all the way through that sammich. I do enjoy what david lebovitz brings to the table.