Search RoHo Blog

Monday, December 28, 2020

Sweet Treats for Christmas Week

Date Nut Balls, always a feature of the wide array of Christmas goodies in the Jones household when I was growing up, made their appearance at the Roediger House this holiday season. They aren't so much my thing, so perhaps it's better for me since they prove irresistible for those who like 'em.

Then, on the Monday night before Christmas, when I realized I had some buttermilk to use up, I reached for a recent addition to the recipe collection to make Farmhouse Buttermilk Cake with a praline-style glazed frosting. I misread the directions a bit and ended up overcooking the cake, but that didn't seem to stop me from over-partaking. I'll give that one another go sometime in the future.

When Christmas Eve was winding down on Thursday night, I was back to more sweet treat kitchen endeavors, this time to put together an eggnog tres leches cake. This is a dangerous choice for me, because I absolutely cannot stay away from this scrumptious goodness. It does not disappoint and it cannot be resisted.


"Farmhouse Buttermilk Cake," from King Arthur Baking Company.

"Eggnog Tres Leches Cake," from Michele at FlavorMosaic.com. [Published 13 December 2015]

No comments: